Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Once upon a Friday



Due to my job being on site, I am out of city usually and not able to say Friday Prayers. Last Friday I was lucky to be home on Friday and decided to say prayers what ever may come, even though I reached home just on time for prayers. I went to mosque, there the Imam was already on salat.


The mosque I go is the central mosque of area, and I go their for every prayer when I am at home, regularly. But on Friday there was teenagers and grown men outside mosque brandishing sticks. When I tried to park car at my usual spot in front of mosque with parking boundary clearly marked on pavement. One of 20 something Danda maulvi came and said I move my car to the new designated parking, I went there and found the parking already full. So I came back and decided to park there, no matter what they say, as this is a mosque after all and I am there to say prayers and why so much security needed, that would make me miss the thing I came here for.


Some things need clarification here, the usual parking is about 3 foot distance from wall of mosque, with a lawn in between. New parking they made specially for that day is in a dirt ground right next to the mosque wall so the usual parking is better from security point of view. Other thing is that the mosque under discussion on several occasions had a mujahid for Friday khutba. And a banned organization jammatt ud dawa openly collect funds in the mosque.


Well after saying prayer I came out and found that they have deflated my tire. Though there was already a car parked next to the car, and several others parked later but they deflated the tire purposefully.


My analysis for the boys actions are

  • Joblessness

  • Frustration

  • Inflation

  • Widening class gap

  • No Proper education facilities of any kind

  • Insufficient motivation for education


But the question is what should be my reaction


a) Should I stay passive change the mosque


b) take the issue up with the mosque administration who obviously is also involved

  1. should reactionary aggressive measures to mosque administration\

d) other ----------------



No comments:

Post a Comment